Online Master's in Computer Science
- Duration 1-2 years
- Cost per Credit $850
- Credit Hours 30
- $60 Application Fee
- Program Starts Fall of 2023
- Heavy Focus on Cybersecurity
- Direct Access to Faculty Members
Earn a Master’s Degree in Computer Science in Just One Year
With small class sizes and an experienced, expert faculty, the MS in Computer Science is an online, 30-credit program individually tailored to help students develop the skills they need to excel in their careers.
You will also have access to Adelphi’s award-winning Center for Career and Professional Development, whose counselors can support you in your career search.
Full- or Part-Time
Finish in Just 1 Year
An advanced, personalized online degree program, The MS in Computer Science (MSCS) provides students with the proper tools to forward their career in computer science and cybersecurity.
Our online program approach offers students direct access to the faculty members who developed and teach the courses. Class sizes are small, providing personal attention and making learning impactful.
Students will learn by combining a theoretical foundation with practical use of commonly used techniques, methods and tools, about digital forensics. Topics include digital evidence collection, as well as evidence analysis and reporting. Students will also address legal and ethical implications of using forensic methods.
Students will learn how to incorporate security considerations into the software development lifecycle by studying conceptual modeling techniques and applying them to model threats facing computer software. Topics that are covered include methods like STRIDE and DREAD, as well as emerging techniques.
Earn your MS in Computer Science degree online from Adelphi University. Submit your application today.
|Transcripts||Official college transcripts, A final transcript that states bachelor’s degree was earned from an accredited four-year institution|
|Online application form||Apply Now, Application Fee: $60, Application fee waiver for all military personnel/veterans/those who attend one of our graduate open-house events|
- Submission of a strong portfolio of completed technical work (academic or professional) is highly recommended and will contribute favorably to an admissions decision.
- Résumé or CV
- Personal essay
- Up to two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
Apply now to earn your MS online from Adelphi University. Choose from two annual start dates and take one step closer to career advancement.
Tuition & Aid
At Adelphi University, we know that pursuit of an advanced degree is a major investment in your time and money. We are dedicated to providing a personalized education at an affordable rate.
Below, you will find information about:
- Tuition benefits for active duty military, veterans and their families
- Financial aid
- Affordable payment plan options
Tuition and fees listed below are applicable to Adelphi’s online MS in Computer Science. The total tuition cost is an estimate based on the current cost per credit hour. Tuition and fees are subject to change. For general information about tuition and fees for on-campus programs, please visit the Student Financial Services Tuition and Fees page.
|Cost per credit hour||$850|
|Total number of credit hours||30|
|Total estimated cost, minus fees||$25,500|
|Additional fees, if applicable||Application fee and books|
An application fee waiver is available to all military personnel and veterans.
Financial Aid Opportunities
When you apply to Adelphi University, we suggest you fill out the FAFSA® as soon as possible. Adelphi’s FAFSA® number is 002666.
In addition to FAFSA® and any financial aid Adelphi University can offer, we encourage you to search for tuition assistance from your employer, grants or scholarships. You can also speak with an Adelphi enrollment counselor at any time to explore your options by calling 855.476.7985. Find out more about financial aid.
Career Opportunities in the Computer Science Industry
The computer science field is not only filled with opportunities—it’s also becoming one of the most popular industries to work in. As a field, computer science is projected to grow by 15% by 20291, a faster growth rate than any other occupation.
With an online MS in Computer Science degree, you stand out from the competition. As an online student, you will have access to comprehensive support through our Center for Career and Professional Development. Our team of career educators can prepare you for professional success through services like Handshake, recruitment programs and job fairs.
- Earn 26%2 more than those with a bachelor’s degree
- Increased job opportunities
- Strong foundational skills to work in various industries
Robust Career Services
As an online student, you will have access to comprehensive support through our Center for Career and Professional Development. Our team of career educators can prepare you for professional success through services like Handshake, recruitment programs and job fairs.
Top Careers in the Field
Software Developer $105,000 per year2
Web Developer $69,000 per year2
UX Designer $74,000 per year2
Mobile App Developer $69,000 per year2
IT Project Manager $142,000 per year2
Information Security Analyst $98,000 per year2
Systems Architect $109,000 per year2
AI Engineer $144,000 per year2
Computer Hardware Engineer $114,000 per year2
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
- Plan, design, implement and test computer programs and applications.
- Make effective use of a variety of operating systems, programming languages and software tools.
- Prepare a substantial technical document describing the project work done.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Communicate more effectively, in writing and verbally
- Learn to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Manage resources and time more effectively
- Improved critical thinking
Kees Leune, Assistant Professor, Mathematics and COmputer Science, College of Arts and Sciences, Information Security Officer, Information Security, Information technology
Dr. Leune’s primary research interests revolve around different aspects of cybersecurity and online privacy. His research is grounded in access control theory, information security management and conceptual modeling. His main focus is on defensive cybersecurity, including incident prevention and incident management.
- Ph.D., Tilburg University, The Netherlands (2007)
- Doctorandus (M.Sc. equivalent), Tilburg University, The Netherlands (1997)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA)
Online Study at Adelphi University
By enrolling in Adelphi University’s online programs, you’re gaining access to a team of supportive faculty and top-notch student services. Online study at Adelphi includes:
Answers to Common Questions
We do accept transfer credits, which can help reduce your total tuition as well as the time you will have to spend earning your degree. To learn more, review the details of the program you want to enroll in on the program overview page.
For a list of all programs, visit the view online programs page.
We are guided by six core values that exemplify the type of community we seek to create:
- Academic Excellence
- Creativity and Innovation
- Community and Collaboration
- Global Awareness and Diversity
- Respect for the Individual
- Truth and Integrity
While the specifics of each program vary, the admissions process always starts by submitting your application. To complete your application file, you’ll need official transcripts, letters of recommendation and personal statements (requirements vary by program). Our admissions team will help guide you through this process.
Once your file is complete with all items, it will be reviewed for a decision. The review process generally takes 2–4 weeks.
Our mission is to transform the lives of all students by creating a distinctive environment of intellectual rigor, research, creativity and deep community engagement across four core areas of focus: arts and humanities, STEM and social sciences, the professions and health and wellness.
Once your application file is complete, you can expect to be notified in 2–4 weeks.
- “Computer and Information Research Scientists,” Occupational Outlook Handbook. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved March 3, 2023 from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-and-information-research-scientists.htm#tab-6.
- “Should I Get a Master’s Degree?” Career Outlook. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved March 3, 2023 from https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2015/article/should-i-get-a-masters-degree.htm#STEM.